Dennis Schröder (born September 15, 1993) born in Braunschweig, Germany is an NBA player who plays point guard for the Hawks. He is born of a Gambian (mother) and German (father) descendant. In his early years, he played basketball for fun. Until he was eleven, when his passion for basketball was discovered. Around 2009, at 46, his father died of a heart attack. After his father's death he focused on basketball more.
Phantoms (2010-2013) Edit
Schroder started his pro career in Germany in his hometown, Braunschweig. In his first season he averaged around 7.8 points, 2.1 assists, and 1.6 per game. In the 2012-2013 season, he averaged 12 points, 3.2 assists, and 2.5 rebounds. In 2013, he played in the Nike Hoop Summit for the World Select Team. Before playing, he decided to declare for the draft. April 20, 2013, Schroder led his team to a 112-98 win. In 29 minutes, he finished with 18 points, 6 assists, and 2 rebounds.
Hawks and Rising Stars (2013-present) Edit
On June 27, 2013, he was drafted first round, 17th pick. On July 10, 2013, he signed a contract for the Hawks. On December 4, 2013, he was assigned to Bakerfields Jam of the D League. During 12 days of playing, he averaged 17 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 6.7 assists.  On December 16, 2013, he was recalled from the D League. In the 13-14 season he averaged 4 points and 4 assists. Around July 2014, he joined the Hawks for the 2014 NBA Summer League. December 22, 2014, his contract extended through the 2015-2016 season. During the 2015 Rising Stars Challenge, Team World vs. Team USA, which he was Team World, he recorded 13 points, 9 assists, and 3 steals. Team World defeated Team USA, 121-122.
As of December 24, 2015, he plays 21.8 minutes and averages around 11 points and 4 assists.
German National Team Edit
Schroder played in the 2012 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, helping the team get fifth place. He averaged 6.1 points, 2 assists, and 1.8 rebounds.
- He shoots right handed.
- He has two brothers and two sisters.
- He and his brother were heavily into skateboarding until when Dennis was 11.
- He once lost his tooth when colliding with Meyers Leonard's knee and he put the tooth in his sock. 
- His agent is former German basketball national player Ademola Okulaja.
- ↑ http://dennismike93.com/biography/
- ↑ http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/schrode01.html
- ↑ http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3032979/dennis-schroder
- ↑ http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/dennis-schrder-loses-tooth-puts-it-in-his-sock-video/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=4795872&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSN&utm_tags=srm%5Barticle%2Cbasketball%5D